ADSM-L

Re: Rapid DB Growth

2003-10-27 07:59:13
Subject: Re: Rapid DB Growth
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:55:36 -0500
What TSM client levels are you running. There are known issues with some of
the older TSM clients and Daylight savings time. Everything gets backed up.

Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Enterprise Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

                      "michael.kinderma
                      nn AT gmx DOT net"               To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      <michael.kinderma         cc:
                      nn                        Subject:  Re: Rapid DB Growth
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>
                      10/27/2003 07:53
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      michael.kinderman

Hi,
maybe you have backed up a lot of files e.g all the lotus databases or some

other server. Maybe there have been some fileright changes on a big
directory
tree. Thats just a small click on the clientside but causes TSM to backup a

lot.
I think you have to compare logfile from last weekend with this weekend and

ask the responsible administrator of the suspicient  clients what has
happened.

michael kindermann
wuerzburg/germany

Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2003 13:28 schrieb Joni Moyer:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I am having a problem with the DB increasing quite rapidly on our TSM
5.1.2
> os/390 server.  It has a 60 GB database and over the weekend it went from
> 77% utilization to 88% utilization.  Does anyone have any suggestions on
> where to look or what may be causing the DB to fill so quickly?  We do
have
> approximately 250 clients backing up to this server and on Saturday
morning
> there are approximately 20 lotus domino tdp clients that complete full
> backups of their databases along with all of the other regular
processing.
> Does anyone have any suggestions/comments?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Joni Moyer
> Systems Programmer
> joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
> (717)975-8338

CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for
the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential
and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error, and any use,
review, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy any and
all copies of this communication.