ADSM-L

dsmserv

2003-10-25 19:19:28
Subject: dsmserv
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:17:47 +0000
All

A quick question ( TSM Server win2000 )

I am trying to restore a db backup from this morning.   I want to restore it
into a new instance on the same server but using different drives for the
dbvols and log vols.

Is there a quicker way to do this other than

mkdir drserver
cd drserver
..\server\dsmserv -k drserver format 1 newlogvol size 3 newdbvol size etc
etc
..\server\dsmserv -k restore db todate=10/25/2003 etc etc etc

Also if I ran the format and didn't allocate enough space for the database,
is there a way to format/add just one more volume to make the extra space
before doing the restore , or would i need to start the format again giving
all the dbvols again?

Our database is 67Gb so the format takes a while :-)

Cheers

Chris

Send instant messages to anyone on your contact list with  MSN Messenger
6.0.  Try it now FREE!  http://msnmessenger-download.com