ADSM-L

Re: hmmm... ANR0534W

2003-07-15 07:56:32
Subject: Re: hmmm... ANR0534W
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:54:09 +0100
We are running TSM server 4.2.2.12 on Solaris and have had exactly the same
thing a number of times, but only with some of our Win2000 clients. We are
definately not enabeling compression either from the client or the server,
but I'm pretty sure it has almost always occurred when migration is
running.

Perhaps this is indeed the culprit.

Farren
|+----------------------------------+-------------------------------------|
||   Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>    |

||   Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor      |                                     |
||   Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>|   To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU   |
||                                  |           cc:                       |
||   07/15/2003 12:52 PM            |           Subject:        Re:       |
||   Please respond to "ADSM: Dist  |   hmmm... ANR0534W                  |
||   Stor Manager"                  |                                     |
||                                  |                                     |
|+----------------------------------+-------------------------------------|

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:18:19 -0400
Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> wrote:

> >lately, we see a lot of ANR0534W, '...size estimate exceeded and server
> >is unable to obtain additional space...' messages in the activety log of
> >our server. Normally, this points to clients that have client-side
> >compression enabled, but forgot to set compressallways to NO. Now, we
> >also see this message for clients that don't have compression enabled.
> >What else could cause this to happen?
>
> Are you quite sure that compression is not in effect for the clients?

well, actually, yes.

at least for one occurance, I did see that migration was runnig on that
diskpool when this error occured, so it might indeed be true that the
diskpool was full at that time. Still, it's odd....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams

This email transmission is confidential and intended for the person or
organisation it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information, open any
attachment, or take any action in reliance of it. If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender.

except where the sender specifically states otherwise.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on your
own virus check, as the sender takes no responsibility for any damage
arising out of any bug or virus infection.