ADSM-L

Re: hmmm... ANR0534W

2003-07-15 07:18:47
Subject: Re: hmmm... ANR0534W
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:18:19 -0400
>lately, we see a lot of ANR0534W, '...size estimate exceeded and server is
>unable to obtain additional space...' messages in the activety log of our
>server. Normally, this points to clients that have client-side compression
>enabled, but forgot to set compressallways to NO. Now, we also see this
>message for clients that don't have compression enabled. What else could
>cause this to happen?

Are you quite sure that compression is not in effect for the clients?
Remember that an option need not be coded in a client option file for it
to be in effect: an option may be coded on the server (Client Option Set).
A 'dsmc query options' is the best way to see what's really in effect in
terms of options.  Further, the Node definition on the server may also
mandate compression.  In all cases, compression should be reflected in
the client end-of-backup-session statistics if in effect by any method.

  Richard Sims, BU