ADSM-L

backspace in Linux dsmadmc

2003-05-15 14:50:47
Subject: backspace in Linux dsmadmc
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:50:03 +0200
Hi all,

this has been bugging me for al long time, but since my desktop changed
from Solaris to Linux at work, I now have to suffer from this during
days as well as evings at home.

dsmadmc when run on the Linux console very happily accepts Backspace as
Backspace, no problem. But when I log into X dsmadmc ignors the
backspace completely, xmodmap tells me that backspace is mapped to
0xff08 (^H) but still ^H and backspace give very different results. Is
this a misfeature? Is this a bug somewhere in linux?

We are running the dsmadmc client on both Mandrake 9.1 systems (me at
home) and Debian 3.0, both with the same result.

Anyone got a clue as how to solve this?

--

Remco