ADSM-L

Re: How long does upgradedb to 5.1 take?

2003-05-15 02:58:08
Subject: Re: How long does upgradedb to 5.1 take?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:57:41 +0200
On Thu, 15 May 2003 01:38:52 -0500
Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU> wrote:

> Luke Dahl was right. At about the 5 hour mark, it completed. A search
> of the Activity Log showed that no audit had been done. It just took
> its time about converting things, including about a full hour to audit
> licenses.
>
> This new H80 I've got is fast! It can apparently upgradedb 10gb worth
> of database per hour.

A few weeks back we upgraded from 4.2.3.3 to 5.1, it took our S7A a
whole 15 minutes to do the upgradedb for our 75% of 100 GB database. So
I guess, well.... Question I have, did you do a database backup after
quiencing the server but before the upgrade?

> Speaking of fast, I'm going to have to get used to how fast 5.1.6
> initializes. It's much faster than 4.2.2.

The firts time... yes. The second time (after a crash this time) it took
about the same time as we were used to in 4.2.3