ADSM-L

Re: How long does upgradedb to 5.1 take?

2003-05-14 23:45:00
Subject: Re: How long does upgradedb to 5.1 take?
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GBLX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 03:44:38 +0000
Hot Diggety! Joerg Pohlmann was rumored to have written:
> It sounds like you may have a corrupted database and an under-the-covers
> audit is taking place. I had this happen to me and on a 10GB database, the
> audit took about 1.5 hours. Suggest patience; when the upgrade is
> complete, take a look at the activity log - audit results should show up
> there (they did for me).

If that's linear -- then he might expect 10gb/1.5 hr perf to be 6.67 GB/hr,
therefore 50 GB / 6.67 = about 7 1/2 hours overall.

He's probably better off getting some sleep tonight unless he's going to be
up into the wee hours of the morning or if this is urgent to get back in
operation as soon as possible.

-Dan