ADSM-L

Schedlog entries?

2003-03-10 11:44:07
Subject: Schedlog entries?
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:42:03 -0500
We've got a W2K box running the 5.1.5.0 client and backing up a MS-SQL
database to our 4.1.4.2 server. In lieu of the TDP we're stopping and
starting the sqlserver with the pre/post schedule command and batch
files. I've applied a specialized MC to the primary .mdf file and can
see from the web interface that it's applied, backing up, and keeping
the correct number of copies. So everything seems cool, except that the
admin for this box likes to check the schedlog to verify the backups,
and it has entries for all the files in the sql\data directory except
the one with the separate mc applied. Anyone know why that would be?

thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems