ADSM-L

Re: netware client on aix tsm server

2002-11-21 09:52:49
Subject: Re: netware client on aix tsm server
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:51:30 -0500
I know AIX 4.3.3 supports IPX - barely.  I set it up for a netware
client a year or so ago that ONLY had IPX.  However your TSM would
be limitation, you didn't mention which version.  As of TSM server
4.2,
the TSM SERVER doesn't support IPX, I believe the client still did
though.

If you can't get TCPIP on client, let me know and I'll dig up the info
on
how to setup IPX on AIX.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM 11/21/02 09:14AM >>>
hi all,

A cotumer of ours wants a netware 5.1 server in our backup schedule.
This client doesnt support tcp/ip only ipxspx. I did see an ipxsockeReceived:
from HealthFirst-MTA by hfgwise1-dmz.health-first
available in server options, but according to the costumer the server
returnes with an "invalid ipx adress" when starting the client.
Now this costumer had netware installed by another party 4 years ago
and
doesnt know anything about handling the OS itself, nor do I. So our
only
option is to make the tsm-server available to the ipx protocol. As far
as I
know aix (4.3.2) doesnt understand ipx. My question: how do I make aix
understand ipx? or how do i make netware understand tcpip?

thnx a lot,

Mi©helle

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 11/21/2002 09:53:16 AM
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such
views or opinions.