ADSM-L

Re: netware client on aix tsm server

2002-11-21 09:25:24
Subject: Re: netware client on aix tsm server
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:22:16 +0100
Hi

If you have a Netware 5.1 server, there shouldn't be any problems having
the Netware talk through TCPIP. All you have to do is run inetcfg(load
inetcfg) from the command line on the netware server. This will bring up a
graphical interface were you can configure TCP/IP.

Only problem would be if not TCP/IP is installed. This is however a fairly
easy installation, which is done through nwconfig(load nwconfig). Here you
can select to install netware products and drivers, such as TCP/IP.

AIX natively doesn't speak IPX. However, I'm uncertain whether or not
there are any 3rd party products which can apply IPX functionality to AIX,
such as FastConnect or any other product.

Easiest solution would be to enable TCP/IP on Netware.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Michelle Wiedeman <michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM>
2002-11-21 15:14