ADSM-L

backup Domino Server with TDP

2002-08-27 09:55:22
Subject: backup Domino Server with TDP
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:35:19 +0200
Hi,

I'm wondering what the best backup strategy for the online backup of a Domino
server (Domino 5.10) with the TDP 1.1.2 and a TSM 5.1 client:

1. Full + Incremental

Full (selective) backup in the weekend
Incremental backup every weekday

How do I must interprete this incremental backup? The Domino database is a huge
collection of files and if the time stamp of one of this files has changed
since the last (full or incremental) backup, it will be included. Will an
incremental backup be small compared to the full backup (it depends of course
on the activities on the Domino server).

2. Full + Archivelog

Full (selective) backup in the weekend
Archivelog backup during the week (eg every 4 hours)

3. Full + Incremental + Archivelog

Full (selective) backup in the weekend
Incremental backup every weekday
Archivelog backup during the week (eg every 4 hours)

What is the best strategy to implement?

Thanks for the assistance,
Kurt