ADSM-L

Processing of Hard & Soft links

2002-08-27 09:29:07
Subject: Processing of Hard & Soft links
From: Murthy V Gongala <gmurthy AT IN.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:50:04 +0530
Hi,

I have a Linux Machine with TSM Client ver 4.2.
I need to backup a directory with nothing but softlinks pointing to some
directories.
I have set  the subdir  option in the dsm.opt file as given below.

SUbdir   YES

I have selected the directory in the GUI for a Incremental(Complete)

But it does not process the link to take backup of the directories the
links point to.
It just takes backup of only the links.

How do i make the TSM client backup the directories the links point to.
Also is there a way i can stop the TSM client from backing up hardlinked
files.

Help in understanding how Hard & Soft links are processed would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
murthy

V S Murthy Gongala