ADSM-L

Re: Please Verify..Bare Metal Restore for TSM

2002-07-18 13:05:38
Subject: Re: Please Verify..Bare Metal Restore for TSM
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:48:43 -0500
Consiglio, Tony wrote:

Daniel,
       I have spoken to TSM Tech Support both by phone and through this
list serve. They have all said, TSM does not support BMR, nor did they or
anyone else have options for this. How is it that you have come up with this
information and no one else has?

- What is your definition of BMR?
- Is this valid working software?
- Are you using it?
- Have you tested it?
- What client version does your option #1 use?

Is there a TSM engineer out there that would like to comment on these two
different BMR products for TSM, please?

Tony,

He is right about the two different BMR products.  I know that people
have been happy using TKG's BMR product.  I am sure there are people on
the list here who can tell you more about it from personal experience.
However, I do want to point out that TKG, actually The Kernel Group,
has been bought by Veritas.  They say they are going to continue to
support and develop the product, but I have some reservations about
that.  Just something to think about.

--
Regards,
Regards,

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE