ADSM-L

adic scalar 100

2002-07-18 16:50:26
Subject: adic scalar 100
From: Rick W <rick AT IMAGEWAY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:36:27 -0700
Guys,
I recently emailed the list asking if the scalar 100 was supported under
aix 4.3.3 and in tsm 4.2 and the response was yes.  I have yet to see it
work in our current environment.  The drives are detected correctly (rmt0,
rmt1) but the autoloader is not detected (smc0).  AIX doesnt see it, cfgmgr
kicks back with a devices.scsi is missing and i have tried all the drivers
i can think of off of the AIX 4.3.3. disk.  I can specify under TSM devices
that there is an lb0 but it seems to fail .. any one have any advice at
all ?? ADIC support is completely useless.  I am trying to use the Atape
drivers for the support.

R.