ADSM-L

how does sun communicate with lmcpd to access atl mgr?

2002-07-18 12:38:09
Subject: how does sun communicate with lmcpd to access atl mgr?
From: Patrick Novak <pat.novak AT PO.STATE.CT DOT US>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:27:23 -0400
I have a sun box running solaris 8 connected via fibre to
an atl 3494. I've installed the IBMtape driver, the lmcpd
driver and configured the /usr/kernel/drv/IBMtape.conf and
the /etc/ibmatl.conf. In /var/log/lmcpd_atl.log, I show 8 to 10
lines similar to "AF_INET xxxxxxx call ok, fd 1"  and
"Initializing with library "name", "ip-address", then
"IBM automated tape library daemon loaded" so I believe
all is ok.
However - I cannot get adsm to see the tape library mgr.
or communicate with it through the daemon.
I'm told i should get a lmcp0 device that is then specified
to adsm.  does anyone have experience with this ?

tia