ADSM-L

TSM mtx devices unavailable after reboot?

2002-05-28 11:20:22
Subject: TSM mtx devices unavailable after reboot?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:18:36 -0400
TSM host is AIX 4.3.3

Recently upgraded TSM server from 4.1.3 to 4.2.1.15.
The install removed the lb0 and mtx devices.
I used smitty to put them back and they worked fine.

Now every time the host is rebooted, the lbx and mtx devices come back as
"Defined", but not "Available", and I have to put them back with SMIT again.

It's not a problem with the devices, because all that is required to fix
them is to start SMITTY and CONFIGURE them.

I've not seen this problem before.  Anybody know what causes this?