ADSM-L

Re: TSM mtx devices unavailable after reboot?

2002-05-28 11:52:00
Subject: Re: TSM mtx devices unavailable after reboot?
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:50:18 -0400
I've seen this problem re-surface from time to time over the years.  We
have a little Rexx script that we run before bringing up our TSM server
that re-configures devices to get around this problem.  Here's our script:

#!/usr/local/bin/rxx

/*
   adsm.device.configure - configure ADSM devices that don't come up as
                           available, just defined.
*/

'/etc/lsdev -C -s scsi -S d'
q = queued()
xrc = popen('/etc/lsdev -C -s scsi -S d')
do while (queued() > q)
  parse pull dev state .
  select
    when (state <> "Defined") then iterate
    when (left(dev,2) = "lb") then nop
    when (left(dev,2) = "mt") then nop
    otherwise iterate
    end
  '/etc/mkdev -l' dev
  end
'/etc/lsdev -C -s scsi | /bin/sort -k3'

This works with Regina Rexx.  It's quite simple, and i'm sure someone could
write a shell script or perl script that does the same thing.