ADSM-L

Re: Redirecting Commands in Scripts

2002-04-12 09:41:16
Subject: Re: Redirecting Commands in Scripts
From: Jane Bamberger <jane.bamberger AT BASSETT DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:41:27 -0400
HI,

If you open up dsmc with -comma parameter, all output will be put in a csv
file - perfect for perl scripting (and you can redirect your output). We do
that every night to mail out a report of backups nightly - also to
automatically mail a report of tapes ejecting for offsite storage , and then
an hour later, automatically ejects them.

dsmadmc -comma -id=admin -pa=password "select a.domain_name,a.description,
a.num_nodes,b.node_name from domains a,nodes b where a.domain_name =
b.domain_na
me order by 1,3" | sed 1,9d | grep -v "ANS8002I" | grep -i -E "[a-z]" >
${DATADIR}/client.table.data

(scripts supplied by Suad Musovich)

Hope that helps,

Jane