ADSM-L

Re: Redirecting Commands in Scripts

2002-04-12 09:12:00
Subject: Re: Redirecting Commands in Scripts
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:15:55 +0200
Hi Gerhard,

Is there any specific reason you want to make use of
a script?
Seeing that Tim Williams already answered your question
you should in any case look at doing what you want in a
different way.
What we do - which will give you exactly what you are
trying to achieve right now - is to run a batch job
with IKJEFT01 utility - making use of an admin cmd
line - and issue the  QUERY SYSTEM > DSM.OUTPUT.QSYSTEM
command.

Let me know if there is something specific I'm missing
in this case - else play around with batch jobs that
can be scheduled or run on demand.

Cheers
Christo
Hello all,
Hello all,
I found questions like this in the archives, but no answers......

One more try =>
I want to run a script, where one line should look like this:
QUERY SYSTEM > DSM.OUTPUT.QSYSTEM
where DSM.OUTPUT.QSYSTEM is a S390 Filename I want to take to the OFFSITE
Location.
(This Command works great on the command line, but I want to have it in a
script!)

However - I tried to do it like this:
def script test desc='Test'
upd script test "QUERY SYSTEM > DSM.OUTPUT"

Result:
ANR1454I DEFINE SCRIPT: Command script TEST defined.
ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

Any hints how to route an output to a file in a script  ?
I guess, the problem is, that TSM wants to direct the Output of the Update
Stmt
to a file - and when doing this, one quote is missing, of course

We are running TSM 3.7.5 on S390 (I know, not supported, but I guess this
should
work on all versions)

Regards
Gerhard Wolkerstorfer

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to
receive it.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action
in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Absa is neither liable for the proper, complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication, any
delay in its receipt or that the mail is virus-free."