ADSM-L

Re: How do we change which nic on a client adsm contacts?

2002-03-21 00:55:15
Subject: Re: How do we change which nic on a client adsm contacts?
From: Michael Benjamin <MBenjamin AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:24:56 +0800
It's much nicer to "arp -d " a specific host address. Flushing the arp table
seems
a bit harsh and unnecessary unless your IP address is DHCP assigned etc. and
not
static.

AIX 4.3.3 :

[mike@xxxxxx]:/u/mike> arp -h
Usage:  arp HostName
        arp -a[n] [/dev/kmem]
        arp -d HostName
        arp -s ether HostName eth

Under NT it's:

arp -d IP Address

Conversely creating the arp entry is pretty simple:

AIX:

To Create an ARP Entry

arp [ -t ifType ] -s Type HostName AdapterAddress [ Route ] [ temp ] [ pub ]

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)      This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged
        information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
        read, copy, distribute or act in reliance on it.
        If you have received this document in error, please telephone
        us immediately on (08) 9365-1555.

2)      All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
        scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
        subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
        all parties concerned.