ADSM-L

How do we change which nic on a client adsm contacts?

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: How do we change which nic on a client adsm contacts?
From: TSM Group [mailto:tsmgroup AT hotmail DOT com]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all,
We recently thought we would try to change which NIC one of our nodes' uses
to do backups.
From what I'd been able to find on the adsm message boards out there, it
looked as if ADSM, when initially contacted by a node, traps the IP address
that the node uses and stores that information untill contacted by that node
on a different IP address.
So when we were finally able to we downed the primary NIC and restarted the
dsmc sched process . ( Thinking was that the client would contact adsm with
the desired IP address and that would then be trapped and everything would
be fine. )
But it did not work.
Does anyone have any ideas?!