ADSM-L

Re: NetWare and High Processor Utilization

2002-02-06 07:06:04
Subject: Re: NetWare and High Processor Utilization
From: Bruce Kamp <bkamp AT MHS DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:10:09 -0500
One thing I noticed in your post is that you are running the 4.2 client on a
Netware 4.11 server.  It is my understanding that the 4.2.x client only runs
on Netware 4.2 & up.  This is from the readme:

Software Requirements
---------------------
  - Tivoli Storage Manager for NetWare Backup-Archive, API and Web Client:
  - Tivoli Storage Manager for NetWare Backup-Archive, API and Web Client:

    - Novell NetWare 4.20, 5.10

I have not seen this problem with my Netware 5.1 servers running SP2 or 3.
But I do seem to have a problem with backup performance problems with my
largest 4.11 SP9 server.  But I have enough other problems backing up my
Netware 5.1 servers....

Bruce Kamp
Bruce Kamp
Network Analyst II