ADSM-L

Re: Poor backup performance.

2002-02-06 07:29:26
Subject: Re: Poor backup performance.
From: "Forgosh, Seth" <sforgosh AT TIAA-CREF DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 05:25:36 -0700
Do you have the latest TSAs installed and what kind of volume is the other
volume (traditional NetWare or NSS)? If it is a NSS volume, have you
performance tuned it? Novell handicapped NSS volumes to prevent any
degradation in speed to traditional NetWare volumes. Out of the box, storage
performance is weighted 80-20 in favor of traditional volumes. I use the
following command in my AUTOEXEC.NCF to give NSS the same performance edge.

LOAD NSS.NLM /cachebalance=80 /fileflushtimer=30 /bufferflushtimer=75
/closedfilecachesize=100000 /mailboxsize=1000

Hope this helps.
Seth Forgosh