ADSM-L

NetWare and High Processor Utilization

2002-02-06 06:45:43
Subject: NetWare and High Processor Utilization
From: Jason Mount <mountja AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:27:57 -0500
I have noticed that when TSM starts backing up, that the processor(s) will max
out on my NetWare servers (both 5.1 SP3 and 4.11 SP9). Are there any setting
that can reduce the processor utilization? Maybe something in the DSM.OPT file?
Some of these are even dual processor and they still get up there (80-90%). It
only last during the backup (1/2 to 1 hour) but I cannot afford the performance
hit with people on the server. My configuration is TSM server is AIX with TSM
version 4.2.1 and my NW client is 4.2.1.0. The DSM.OPT file has no special
settings in it (default). Also I have increased the server parameters quit a
bit (cache buffers and packet buffers). Any help is appreciated.