ADSM-L

Re: Ejecting a Tape (Category FF00) from 3494 Library

2002-01-17 07:39:00
Subject: Re: Ejecting a Tape (Category FF00) from 3494 Library
From: "Cook, Dwight E (SAIC)" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:36:03 -0600
There is a whole system of software that will let you manage an ATL from a
remote PC just as if you were at the console of the library (I can't
remember the name of it right off).  A two part piece, one part goes on the
ATL and another goes on a remote PC.
We had it to manage ATL's utilized by large MVS environments for VTS but
never bothered to put it on any of the ATL's connected to Unix servers for
use with TSM.
I never could justify the cost and now and again it was/is nice to roam out
to our off-site location to dork with the atl's.
Now you might be able to simply play around with the OS (enable inbound
telnet sessions) and find some OS/2 command line interface to the atl but
I've used these things for 6 years now and I haven't found an easy way to do
anything remotely other than what "mtlib" offers.

Dwight