ADSM-L

Re: Ejecting a Tape (Category FF00) from 3494 Library

2002-01-17 03:49:57
Subject: Re: Ejecting a Tape (Category FF00) from 3494 Library
From: mobeenm <mobeenm AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:47:16 +0800
Well yes this could have happened had the tape belonged to the library.
Actually the tape that was having problem did not belong to any storage pool
and did not have any data in it (It was a scratch tape) as a result i did
not have to run UPDATE/DELETE and MOVE VOLUME commands.

I would suspect that this happened as this scratch tape was damaged. I was
just not comfortable about the fact that the library manager was showing up
a volume to be in library at X X XX location while it was outside and
damaged in reality.

Thank you again.

Regards
Mobeen