ADSM-L

expiration hangs when TDP/R3 sessions run

2002-01-14 05:33:39
Subject: expiration hangs when TDP/R3 sessions run
From: "Leijnse, Finn F SITI-ITDSES31" <Finn.F.Leijnse AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:27:48 +0100
Hi TSM geniuses,

(environment: RS/6000 H80 - TSM v4.2.0 / 3584 library with 12 drives / all
connected through a SAN.)

We are experiencing problems with the expiration process. It seems that the
expiration cannot run together with a TDP/R3 backup. Here is an extract from
the actlog:

01/14/02 10:28:56     ANR4391I Expiration processing node NODE, filespace
/tdp (fsId 6) domain DOM_SAP, and management class ARCHIVELOG_1 - for
ARCHIVE type files.

At the moment expiration starts for this node there are backup sessions
running. The node is using TDP/R3. Both the backup and the expiration stop
and the situation is much like a deadlock! the only way to get rid of the
problem is to stop/start the TSM server!

Does anyone have an idea?