ADSM-L

Problem with nohup dsmc sched &

2001-09-21 15:25:41
Subject: Problem with nohup dsmc sched &
From: Jorge Rodriguez <jrodri_duran AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:26:17 -0400
Hi...

I have AIX 4.3.3, TSM ver 4.2, TDP for SAP 3.1, I need to run the TSM scheduler daemon in the background, with the command nohup dsmc sched -pass=password &. The scheduler begins its activities but the q ses shows the Session Status=IdleW, and not do any more.
 The scheduler is type=command and the objects line has the following:

'su - root -c "/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/resp_brar_tsm", where resp_brar_tsm is the script with the commands of TDP for SAP to backup the Archive Redo Logs.

When I run the script manually it works, or when I run from the  command line dsmc sched -pass=password it works too.

The problem is with the TSM scheduler daemon in background.

TIA

Jorge Rodrmguez
Caracas - Venezuela.