ADSM-L

disabling TCPIP commmethod

2001-09-21 14:35:54
Subject: disabling TCPIP commmethod
From: "Matthew A. Bacchi" <mbacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:36:31 -0400
OK folks, this one has bothered me for years.  I want to disable the TSM server
 completely while I do some work.  Rather than using the "disable sessions"
command, I want to in effect disable TCPIP connections altogether.  I have
attempted commenting out "COMMmethod TCPIP" in the dsmserv.opt file, but it
appears that this is the default, so it has no affect.

Besides the obvious answer of disconnecting the network cable, how can I force
the TSM server to ignore every TCPIP request.  When sessions are disabled, the
activity log shows connection started, than a message indicating that user
access is disabled.  I want to avoid this.

Thanks in advance.
-Matt
/**
/**
 **    Matt Bacchi                   mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
 **    IBM Global Services                SDC Northeast
 **    F6TG; MD Filesystems/Internet     (802) 769-4072
 **    ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup             (tie) 446-4072
 **/