ADSM-L

Management class and TDP for Oracle with RMAN

2001-09-13 13:19:01
Subject: Management class and TDP for Oracle with RMAN
From: "De Blas Bellido, Vicente" <vicente.blas AT ITP DOT ES>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:04:09 +0200
Hello All.

I'm trying to configure RMAN and need some help. My scenario is AIX 4.3,
Oracle 8.1.6 and TDP for Oracle 2.2 64 bits.

My question is if it is possible to have differents management classes when
making backups with RMAN. In the TDP manual there's only reference to
TDPO_MGMT_CLASS_2, 3 and 4 but only for the duplex copy option.
I'd like to have one management class for archive log files (sending it to
disk storage pools) and another for database files (sending it to tape
storage pools).

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Vicente de Blas.