ADSM-L

TSM and Extended format tapes.

2001-09-13 14:03:54
Subject: TSM and Extended format tapes.
From: Tony Sinclair <tsinclai AT REGENCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:23:40 -0700
Need some input on the following:

How does TSM handles extended length cartridges.  Our biggest concern is
how does TSM track %full for recycle/reclaim processing?

If we decide to use extended length cartridges on a NSM, It has been
recommend we order them pre-labeled.  So we absolutely do not want to mix
extended length with standard length in the mainframe libraries.

Any input or information is greatly appreciated.

Tony Sinclair
The Regence Group
Storage Administration
E-mail:  tsinclai AT regence DOT com
Office:  206-287-5893
Fax:      206-587-3555

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely
for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited.  Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended
to be a legally binding signature.