ADSM-L

Re: Management class and TDP for Oracle with RMAN

2001-09-19 06:30:21
Subject: Re: Management class and TDP for Oracle with RMAN
From: "De Blas Bellido, Vicente" <vicente.blas AT ITP DOT ES>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:57:37 +0200
Hi Thiha,

I have finally found the solution. After hundreds of failing tests one of
then works and all I did was to change the format of the include/exclude
option from "/adsmorc/.../*.arc" to "/adsmorc/.../TEST*".
But when I changed again to "/adsmorc/.../TEST*arc" it didn't work... and
that gave me the clue.
The include/exclude file takes effect AFTER rman has processed the files and
has generated a backup piece with the format especified in the rman script
(in this case "<DB_NAME>_ARCH_<DATE>"), and I did not know that.

So I was the problem, not the software. Thank you very much for your help.
Vicente.