ADSM-L

TDP Exchange gives out of storage

2001-05-09 06:12:15
Subject: TDP Exchange gives out of storage
From: Michel Engels <Michel.Engels AT DEVOTEAM DOT BE>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 12:17:25 +0100
I am testing the TDP for Exchange in an environment. Everything works fine. We
can do full, incr backups. We do save the backups directly to a VTS atached to
the Mainframe. Now the number of scratch tape defined for the storagepool has
reached the maximum. I can add some tapes but my problem is the message that the
server is out of storage (ANS1329S) is only trapped on the client and not on the
server. The batch can give an %errorlevel% = 306 and the excdsm.log does show
the message but the actlog does not show the problem.

Is there any possibility to send this message to the server? Do I have to
install some mail uitility on the client to be able to inform the people
concerned about the fact that the backup in not complete?

TSM Client 3.7.2 on WinNT
TDP for Exchange V1.1.1.0
TSM Server V3.7.1 on OS390

M Engels