ADSM-L

AW: Comparison of Backup Products

2001-03-28 10:47:33
Subject: AW: Comparison of Backup Products
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:47:30 +0200
Hi,

I use TSM while my colleagues use HP-Omniback.

Looks like everybody cooks from water only.

I had a couple of problems with my adsm/tsm in last 4 yeras,
one of them serious (turned to be HW problem,
but only after nightless weeks).

The collegaues had problems as well.

I feel TSM has had larger amount of problems and annoyancies overall,
while Omniback had maybe less problems but more of them vere serious.

I heard similar stories about legato.

Base your decision on your needs, the
products are simply different and differntly
suite different requirements.

Be sure to have some xternal support
and ability to report errors.

Only aplly new software version when you really need them.
Always look for new patches a check ther readmes
against your problems.

Use quality hardware.

Do not hope for a bug-free software,
all prducts are complex and undergo since years
rapid development.
Thus the are dammned to have bugs.

regards
juraj SALAK