ADSM-L

ARCHIVE: no error indication

2001-03-28 09:12:43
Subject: ARCHIVE: no error indication
From: Sergio Cherchyk <scherchyk AT BANCORIO.COM DOT AR>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:09:38 -0300
Hi all!

I've noticed an apparent annomaly in the archive command:

I execute a dsmc archive of a certain number of files. In a given point
the process find that one of these files doesn't exist. An error message
appear:

ANS1092E No files matching search criteria were found
ANS1803E Archive processing of '/TST5/archivelog' finished with
failures.

However, there are no errored files indicated in the final report:

Total number of objects inspected:        5
Total number of objects archived:         4
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects expired:          0
Total number of objects failed:           0

Worse yet, the return code given at the end of this command is 0. I'm
executing this dsmc archive in a script that checks the RC after it to
see if something goes wrong.

Wouldn't TSM send an error indication to inform about this missing file?

Sergio R. Cherchyk
Sergio R. Cherchyk
Arquitectura Tecnológica - Midrange
Banco Río de la Plata S.A. - Grupo BSCH