ADSM-L

TDP for ORACLE on AIX and TSM 3.1

2000-05-25 08:39:54
Subject: TDP for ORACLE on AIX and TSM 3.1
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 14:39:54 +0200
Hi ADSM gurus,

another question from Austria.
We installed TDP for ORACLE on AIX 2.1.9b and have come across the
following problem.
DSMO_AVG defines the size for TSM do allocate space on the target
storagepool
(in our case a disk pool). We have set DSMO_AVG to 500 MB.
When TSM starts to backup the Oracle tables 500 MB of space are requested
and
if required - cached data is cleared. If 500MB is not sufficient ADSM
tries to allocate
another chunk of 500MB. Unfortunately this time no cached data is cleared.

Our Oracle backups occasionally fail because TSM is not able to allocate the
second
piece of data.
Is there a way to tell TSM to ALWAYS clear cached data?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at