ADSM-L

Bare Metal Restore Info Request

2000-05-25 08:37:28
Subject: Bare Metal Restore Info Request
From: Gary Ison <Gary.Ison AT MAIL.STATE.KY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:37:28 -0400
Hi folks,

        Anyone out there using the "Bare Metal Restore" function in the new
TSM software?  I have some clients interested in it, but I think Tivoli has
stopped supporting the ADSM concept of a bare metal restore and replaced it
with the "Backup Set" function.  I am also aware of (and responsible for the
original posting on this list) The Kernel Group's offering in this arena.
Any information on this functionality would be welcomed.  Thanks.

        Gary L. Ison
        Governor's Office for Technology
        101 Cold Harbor Drive
        Frankfort, Ky.   40601
        Phone:  (502) 564-8724
            Fax:  (502) 564-6856
E-mail: Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky
DOT us>