ADSM-L

Re: Active Files

2000-05-25 08:27:24
Subject: Re: Active Files
From: Gary Ison <Gary.Ison AT MAIL.STATE.KY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:27:24 -0400
Reinhard and Gerald,

        The correct versions of the select statement should be:

                 Select filespace_name, count(ll_name) from backups where
                                 node_name='NODE-NAME' and
state='ACTIVE_VERSION'
                                 group by filespace_name

                  Select sum(file_size) from contents where file_name in -
                          (select ll_name from backups where
node_name='NODE-NAME' and state='ACTIVE_VERSION')

        The first select could omit the filespace_name references.  The
second select should eliminate inactive files via the where ... state=
clause.

        CAUTION:  The second select statement has been running on my server
(OS/390 MVS TSM 3.7.2.0) since 3:15 PM yesterday (17.5 hours).  I'm not sure
the "ll_name" and "file_name" fields are going to match up on the two
tables.  I will probably have to re-cycle my server to get the query
stopped.

        Gary L. Ison
        Governor's Office for Technology
        101 Cold Harbor Drive
        Frankfort, Ky.   40601
        Phone:  (502) 564-8724
            Fax:  (502) 564-6856
E-mail: Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky
DOT us>