ADSM-L

Re: Active Files

2000-05-24 15:37:57
Subject: Re: Active Files
From: Gary Ison <Gary.Ison AT MAIL.STATE.KY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:37:57 -0400
Gerald,

        The following select statement may be what you are looking for.  It
doesn't use the occupancy table, just the backups table.  It will count the
number of active files; the size of the files would have to be computed from
a cross table select from the contents table where the name is used to match
them up.

                Select filespace_name, count(ll_name) from backups where
node_name='NODE-NAME' and
                state='ACTIVE_VERSION'

                Select sum(file_size) from contents where file_name in -
                        (select ll_name from backups where
node_name='NODE-NAME' and state='ACTIVE_VERSION'

The second query is very long running and hasn't completed my test run yet,
but the server didn't complain about he syntax.  I'm not sure the file name
match I have specified will work, but it's a place to start from.

        Gary L. Ison
        Governor's Office for Technology
        101 Cold Harbor Drive
        Frankfort, Ky.   40601
        Phone:  (502) 564-8724
            Fax:  (502) 564-6856
E-mail: Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky
DOT us>