ADSM-L

Re: Active Files

2015-10-04 17:30:27
Subject: Re: Active Files
From: Reinhard Mersch [SMTP:mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Gary,

the second select statement will include the inactive backups of a file
having an active backup, doesn't it? I think, this is not what Gerald
asked for: he wants to sum up the active copies only.

His question can not be answered via the SQL interface, because required
information is missing from the CONTENTS table. The table should either
contain a STATUS field or, even better, an OBJECT_ID field allowing to
link it to the BACKUPS/ARCHIVES tables.

I have formerly complained about this obvious deficiency, but of no
avail so far (unless this has changed in TSM, which I do not know).
I'm giving it another try now by sending a Cc to ADSM-R.

Proposal:

Include the OBJECT-ID field into the CONTENTS table.

Gary Ison writes:
 > Gerald,
 >
 >         The following select statement may be what you are looking for.
It
 > doesn't use the occupancy table, just the backups table.  It will count
the
 > number of active files; the size of the files would have to be computed
from
 > a cross table select from the contents table where the name is used to
match
 > them up.
 >
 >                 Select filespace_name, count(ll_name) from backups where
 > node_name='NODE-NAME' and
 >                 state='ACTIVE_VERSION'
 >

 >                 Select sum(file_size) from contents where file_name in -
 >                         (select ll_name from backups where
 > node_name='NODE-NAME' and state='ACTIVE_VERSION'
 >
 > The second query is very long running and hasn't completed my test run
yet,
 > but the server didn't complain about he syntax.  I'm not sure the file
name
 > match I have specified will work, but it's a place to start from.
 >

 >         Gary L. Ison
 >         Governor's Office for Technology
 >         101 Cold Harbor Drive
 >         Frankfort, Ky.   40601
 >         Phone:  (502) 564-8724
 >             Fax:  (502) 564-6856
 > E-mail: Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky
 > DOT us>

Anyone

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet