ADSM-L

Re: Question regard E tape

2000-05-17 10:38:18
Subject: Re: Question regard E tape
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:38:18 -0500
Every B tape will become READOnly on ADSM.  If your scratchpool is deep,
reclamation will convert enough to E tape for you to survive.  Those that
reclamation doesn't pick up will have to have a move data.  Once a B tape
is returned to scratch status it becomes an E tape.  When we made the
conversion, the system added a lot of overhead on the READO tapes.