ADSM-L

Re: long term archive storage

2000-05-17 09:42:22
Subject: Re: long term archive storage
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:42:22 -0400
Each object adds about 600 bytes to the ADSM database.

Discuss your user needs.  Why archive stuff every day? Maybe that's valid,
maybe not....

Do they understand the incremental forever algorithm, and retention settings?

If they're archiving many many files, then you use 600 bytes * (many many) of
DB space every day.  I guess you could gzip them all into one big file and
just archive that....

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris