ADSM-L

Re: long term archive storage

2000-05-17 19:52:11
Subject: Re: long term archive storage
From: Leo Humar <lhumar AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:52:11 +1000
We have used two node names (requires two licenses) and a separate
management class to achieve long term archive.
You could schedule a backup of these directories on a weekly schedule and
achieve an incremental archive.
We picked up the idea from this list and implemented it.
I does work very well but I had a lot of resistance from the ADSM
administrator who didn't feel comfortable with it.

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT bigpond.net DOT au

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large