ADSM-L

Another ANR9999D & Audit Library

2000-05-17 08:32:27
Subject: Another ANR9999D & Audit Library
From: "Burns, Kye" <Krburns AT FIRSTAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 05:32:27 -0700
The error indicates that the medium source element was empty in attempt to
move the volume. This volume is a private volume. Also the statement below
says it could not move volume 216 from 1010 which is the access port for the
storagetek library to slot 1033. I do not know what slot 1033 is and I have
seen this same error on a couple of other volumes too! The recomendation is
to run an audit library. I had to manually open the door on storagetek
library and close it again for the initial program load to startup and
initialize the audit library. I cannot for some reason run it from the
server command line from the web interface, and this will be another
question to post. I did not see the handler move inside library with command
"AUDIT LIBRARY stklib checklabel=barcode,Why? Where do I look to see if the
that command is setup for this particular library? Any insight to my problem
would be appreciated. Thanks *SMers.
Kye Burns
Data Systems Operator           Phone:  (619) 938-7905
First American CREDCO           Fax:     (619)) 938-7596
12395 First American Way        email: krburns AT firstam DOT com
Poway, CA 92064

ANR8300E I/O error on library STKLIB (OP=00006C03, CC=314, KEY=05, ASC=3B,
ASCQ=0E, SENSE=70.00.05.00.00.00.00.0C.0-
0.00.00.00.3B.0E.00.00.00.00.00.00., Description=The source slot or drive
was empty in an attempt to move a volume). Refer to Appendix B in the
'Messages' manual for recommended action.
05/17/00 04:23:50 ANR9999D mmsscsi.c(9471): Could not move volume 000216
from slot 1010 to slot 1033.
05/17/00 04:23:50 ANR8841I Remove any volumes from slot 1010 of library
STKLIB at your convenience.
05/17/00 04:23:50 ANR8426E CHECKIN LIBVOLUME for volume 000216 in library
STKLIB failed.
05/17/00 04:23:50 ANR0985I Process 919 for CHECKIN LIBVOLUME running in the
BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE at 04:23:50.

Explanation: This message carries diagnostic text relating to a server
process or algorithm. This information is intended for reporting processing
exceptions and other non-standard situations that occur on the ADSM server.
the message and the server process or algorithm that issues the message.
System Action: Server processing may or may not continue depending upon the
cause of this message.
User Response: Examine error messages that may have been displayed before
and/or after this message and correct any problems, if possible. If the
cause of this message cannot be determined or resolved, contact your support
representative. If you contact your support representative, the entire text
of this message should be reported.