ADSM-L

Deleting File Spaces

2000-05-09 11:06:12
Subject: Deleting File Spaces
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 08:06:12 -0700
Has anyone seen this?

I have about 12 nodes I want to delete but the file spaces need to be
removed first. When using the WEB interface I can tell the system to delete
the filespace and a process starts. After it finishes I can go back to look
at the node and see there are many file spaces still there. I've had to run
this a number of times for each node and still haven't sucessfully deleted
all the file spaces on any one node, still working on it since yesterday.

Why does this happen, if it's supposed to delete the filespace why doesn't
it do all of it the first time I start the process? Is there a command I can
issue that is more stable? These are Notes file spaces but I don't know if
this is the problem. I'm running ADSM 3.1.2.55 on AIX 4.3.3.0

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
Computer Systems Group
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com