ADSM-L

Re: Deleting File Spaces

2000-05-09 12:51:47
Subject: Re: Deleting File Spaces
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 11:51:47 -0500
Now, one thing... if there have been a lot of archives from those nodes
AND if you haven't run the "cleanup archdir fix=yes"
AND you have a really long archive management class existing
you stand the chance of bringing down the server with the
        delete file node *
(that was a problem I was having in the past...)
the ADSM that would die was on an AIX platform...
once I'd restart adsm there would still be file systems showing... the ones
that had the archived data...
the cleanup archdir fix=yes allowed me to do a clean delete but prior to
that what I would have to do was move the node to a domain that had only a 1
day retention on anything & everything... run expire and then do a delete on
the node's filespaces and it would work then... after which I could remove
the node.

just something I ran into in the past
might help, might not...
Dwight