ADSM-L

Re: Checkin attempt on 2 volumes

2000-05-08 04:13:58
Subject: Re: Checkin attempt on 2 volumes
From: "Burns, Kye" <Krburns AT FIRSTAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 01:13:58 -0700
Thanks Bill for the information. These tapes were previously private
volumes. Since 35 was not showing up in any of the queries; q vol, q
libvolume, and q drm I then decided to define the tape again to the original
storage pool. Tape 216 was already defined. I remove some tapes from the
Storagetek 9710 library that were in a mountable state, and checked them
out. I then checked 35 back in and I did not have problems this time. I
updated Volume 216 because its access was "unavailable" and its state was
"empty". So I updated tape to a access=readwrite and the volume then checked
in successfully. Tapes are loaded into the Cartridge Access Port (CAP)
during checkin and remove from their during checkout.

From the previous checkin I watched when the robot handler picked up 216,
and I saw that specific tape mounted into the drive when I looked through
the library's window. 35 never did get picked up and put into the drive when
I tried to check it in. As far as the internal labels do you mean from the
initial software labeling of the tape when the tape was introduced into the
library? Anyhow, I was able to resolve the checkin. I am not sure if freeing
up the slots when I checked out the mountable tapes had helped, however more
slots were made available in the library.

Question. What does the error description the source slot or dirve was empty
in an attempt to move a volume?

 05/06/00 08:27:45 ANR8300E I/O error on library STKLIB (OP=00006C03,