ADSM-L

Re: TDP SQL Agent and /recovery

2000-05-04 17:25:11
Subject: Re: TDP SQL Agent and /recovery
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 17:25:11 -0400
Bill,

>Is there a way to specify the /recovery: option via the GUI? The
readme.1st
>that comes with the 1.1.2 PTF IP21908 implies that this is only available
>via the command line. I have a client that wants to restore the DB first,
>then apply log files via the GUI. When they try this they get an error
that
>WITH RECOVERY isn't specified. I found in the archives a message from Del
>Hooper saying that if you choose all the objects to restore at once, the
GUI
>'handles' it for you.

The TDP client GUI handles it for you automatically if you have sufficient
objects select to accomplish a recovery.    In other words, if you select a
full backup and some number of logs, it will automatically restore all but
the last log backup with norecovery and use the recovery option on the last
log backup to be restored.  However, if you select only log backups to be
restored, the GUI will not specify recovery because you can not recover
only log files without a restored full backup.   Unfortunately, the TDP
client GUI is not aware of the restore done through the command line (or
some other mechanism) and does not currently provide an option to the user
to force recovery.  You will have to restore the last log backup you want
through the cmd line to specify recovery ... or restore the full backup
through the GUI as well.

Chris Zaremba
TDP Client Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com