ADSM-L

security

2000-05-04 17:06:56
Subject: security
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 14:06:56 -0700
An issue of security has come up. If we back up a node that has sensitive
information, who then has access to looking at that information? For example
can the TSM admin with max tsm priv?s restore that data to a different
computer and view it? Is there any way to prevent anyone from doing that
except those that backed it up for security-sake?

I?m assuming one problem is that you could hook up a network sniffer and
capture the data as well while it?s being backed up..

But once it?s backed up who then can look at it?