ADSM-L

Re: MS-SQL Agent connection error

2000-05-03 16:18:56
Subject: Re: MS-SQL Agent connection error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 16:18:56 -0400
Larry,

Some of the things I mentioned were not necessarily things
that you needed to do but just some things that may point to
where the problem is. You know your SQL Server setup better,
so there must be some difference between the four servers
that work and the one that doesn't that could be causing this.

1. Does this happen when running the script from a
   scheduled event or manually ...or both?

2. Do you see the failure if you just try running the command
   from a DOS command prompt? (as opposed to the cmd file)

3. Does the userid running the command have "admin" authority?
   ...or at least read/write access to the registry?
   (It needs this to be able to read the stored SQL userid/password).
   If scheduled, this includes the "Log On As:" id of the
   scheduler service.

The next step would be to call IBM/Tivoli/TSM service so they can
get proper trace files that would help pinpoint the problem
more quickly. They will ask you to run a trace by adding
the following options to the command:

     /tracefile:trace.out  /traceflag:t_all

The trace will probably give a more detailed explanation
of what is going wrong. If you get ambitious, you can take
a look...but if not, our service team will examine it
to help diagnose the situation.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler